Labels


Tuesday 14 May 2019

My Naughty Secret: A Must-Have English Resource

My naughty secret is not at all saucy, but it does give me a private chuckle.

My kids absolutely HATE The Art of Conversation, an English game I picked up a few years ago.


They think it's unbearably pompous and schoolish.

Their hatred has gone beyond mere eye-rolling into the territory of "I'm going to ritualistically burn that game on an altar to Hades".

I, on the other hand, absolutely LOVE the questions in this game.

You want to know my naughty secret?

I slip the questions into everyday dinnertime discussions.

Heehee!  Shh, don't tell the kids!

Yep, I look up a couple of questions per week in secret, and then just ask them - nonchalantly - in our everyday conversations.

Bahahaaaaa!  My kids wonder why I'm giggling as I'm asking, "What's one thing you would change about the world?" or "What will be the best thing about being grown up?"  (My son's answer to that one was, "The infinite treats!" He has no idea.)

We've enjoyed some brilliant conversations thanks to this awesome game, and my kids are none the wiser.

What cheeky secrets do you keep from your kids?  Go on, I know you've got a few!  Let us know in the comments.  I promise I won't tell!

Looking for great English resources?  Check out our Poetry Teatime Books and Hints, procedural writing with Harry Potter or our Aboriginal Story Stones.

UPDATE:  I left this blog post open on the computer and the kids saw it - BUSTED!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment